DESPINA, with the support of the City Hall of Rio de Janeiro, through the Carioca Culture Promotion Program of the Municipal Department of Culture, is pleased to announce Zum Zum Auê – Collective of Collectives, a project in the field of arts and aesthetic-political activism designed to support, promote the work and the self-representation of collectives formed by bodies that are historically subordinated and their narratives erased, as people LGBTQIA+, Afro-descendants, indigenous people and women.
The project consists of a six-week residency program, between May ans June 2022, where four artist collectives, selected by open call and through a selection committee, will be part of an agenda that includes support for the practices of each group, collective activations and events open to the public.
Zum Zum Auê – Collective of Collectives has as main objectives:
– Support, strengthen and make visible the cultural production of collectives in Rio de Janeiro formed by historically subordinated bodies such as LGBTQI, black, indigenous and women;
– Encourage the formation of networks and exchanges among the collectives;
– Provide tools for the development of the practices of each collective through the Educative Programme;
– Share creative practices through public workshops proposed by the collectives;
– Present to the public the artistic work of relevant collectives in the Rio de Janeiro cultural scene;
– Create possibilities for public access to the backstage of creative processes;
– Make visible the practices and guidelines contained in the actions of the collectives and their members;
– Guarantee the continuity of the work of Despina and the professionals who are part of the Association’s network, expanding financial support to collectives of artists.
SELECTED COLLECTIVES: Anarca Filmes, Coletiva Ocultas, Slam das Minas RJ and Trovoa.