Despina Residency Programme is designed for artists and curators wishing to immerse in their work and/or research. We provide them with the space to explore practices, concepts, new ideas and materials; and to develop a project while receiving professional feedback and support. Selected artists/curators participate in talks, meetings, studio visits, a final exhibition and are encouraged to propose educational activities to the public.
The support, networks and creative environment offered by Despina Residency Programme encourages professional/artistic development and international contacts.
The central aspects of Despina Residency Programme are:
• Art studio
• Accommodation in a self-contained studio flat (optional)
• One-to-one meetings with a curator
• Weekly follow-up meetings
• Opportunity to propose workshops and talks
• Open studio event at the end of the residency to introduce the artist and the works to the public
• Special tours in museums and art studios in Rio de Janeiro
For open calls and further information, click here.